On behalf of the Winnipeg Pin Collectors Club I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year. It is my sincere hope that the year 2017 will prove to be your best year yet. May you be blessed with good health, prosperity and much happiness.
This year the pin club is celebrating its 30th Anniversary. The pin club continues to grow and prosper thanks to ongoing support from our regular and corporate members as well as from the many new members who have joined our club in the past year.
2017 is a historic year for Manitoba. During 2017, Canada will be celebrating its 150th Anniversary as a country as well as the 50th Anniversary of the Canada Games. Special celebrations will be taking place at The Forks on Canada Day, July 1, 2017 to celebrate both anniversaries. The pin club will have its annual Canada Day pin show on July 1st.
In the fall of 2013, the pin club started the production of a limited edition endangered species 10 pin set. This beautiful 10 pin set that was inspired by award winning photos from around the world was completed in 2015. Limited quantities of these pins are still available. Anyone wishing to buy either a complete set or individual pins should contact Ron Boily by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: 204-667-6811.
The following limited edition pins are part of the 10 pin set:
(1) Polar bear mother with her cub
(2) Snow Leopard mother with her cub
(3) Asian Lioness with her two cubs
(4) Giant Panda mother with her cub
(5) Siberian Tigress with her two cubs
(6) Asian Elephant mother with her baby
(7) Chimpanzee mother and baby
(8) Gray Wolf mother and cub
(9) Cheetah mother and cub
(10) Mountain Gorilla mother and baby
Sales of the limited edition endangered species pins have been excellent. Public reaction to the pins has been outstanding. Some of the proceeds from the sale of the pins will be going towards a wildlife rescue facility in Manitoba.
In addition to our monthly meetings, the pin club has many additional activities planned for 2017.
Some of these activities include:
– Monday – June 5th Summer Wind-Up
– Saturday, July 1st – 17th annual Canada Day Pin show at The Forks
– Canada Games – July 28 – August 13, 2017 (There will be pin trading at the Canada Games with FREE table space for paid up club members). For more details, please check out the following website link: http://www.2017canadagames.ca/
– Monday, October 2nd – Auction of pins and collectibles
– Tuesday, December 5th – Christmas party at the Canad Inns Destination Centre Transcona, 826 Regent Avenue West, Winnipeg, Manitoba.
– Sunday, December 31st – New Year’s Eve brunch at the Canad Inns Destination Centre Transcona, 826 Regent Avenue West, Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The pin club has something to offer to people of all ages from youths to adults to seniors. If you like pins and having fun, then for sure you will have a great time at our events. It’s a great way to meet new people and have lots of fun at the same time. Come and join us at the Norwood Legion and find out for yourself.
Winnipeg Pin Collectors Club